Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Time is Flying

Talking to Ashley earlier we both said how is it the end of February already when January seemed to last about 100 days. Ever since Phil the Groundhog didn't see his shadow and Spring was in the air (at least in theory) the days have been flying faster than a speeding rocket. 

How? 

Part of it is I've tried to do some of the things on my to do list. Visit places. Get out of the house.

The college search continues without an answer. After turning down Lehigh University due to finances, we all struggled to start the process again. Fortunately we had an ace in the hand (an acceptance from Rider University with a generous merit based scholarship), but it has still been tough letting go of that dream. The top contenders at the moment are Muhlenberg, Rider, and Montclair State University. Oddly, all have red as one of their school colors. The only one we are waiting to hear from is Muhlenberg.

I finally upgraded technology in the form of a new 14" laptop. The former one was dying a slow death even before going to Israel last summer. The plan is to transfer pictures from an aging desktop computer to an external hard drive before the former completely dies. Wish me luck on that goal!

Meanwhile, I am changing how I organize information, including digital pictures. How do I save pictures taken on my phone and ones taken with my cameras so I can find them and use them in blogs, print them, and have access to them later?

As I ponder changes, The Gala is happening in 24 days. It is only my second gala, but I suspect the stress of organizing such a big event will never go away, instead the bar gets set higher.

Bear with me as I wade through technology and return to writing witty and entertaining blog posts hardly any one reads.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride called our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment