Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Odd Dream

Last week I dreamed about Don's parents. As I'm not one to remember my dreams, especially not days later, I feel this one was telling me something.

In the dream Don's mom knocked on our door. She looked at least 10 years younger. She was upright and wearing her blue jumper (a specific style of dress to those non-Americans). She had just taken an Uber to our house and wanted to go to her house (I guess she didn't have her keys with her or she could have just gone there, dreams are not supposed to make 100% sense). Behind her I could see a shriveled up man -- sort of how the shriveled up heads look on the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland -- that reminded me of Don's dad.

That was it.

I would not have been surprised if I woke up to a message saying she had passed away during the night and went Home. I came to peace with what is happening in her life.

A little background information. Don's mom moved to an assisted living facility in May. His dad passed away 13 years ago. Just after her 88th birthday in July she was in the hospital for a week with an infection. She then moved to the rehab center for a few weeks to regain her strength. From the rehab she went back to her apartment in the assisted living. After three days of just sleeping, and barely eating, she moved back to the rehab side. In the rehab side she has mostly been sleeping. In early August she told me she has lived a good life, but she is ready to go. 

We visited her yesterday. She is mostly there mentally, but though it was a nice day she had no energy to go in the wheelchair and have us take a stroll with her. She has no interest in doing anything. She is not healthy enough to live, and not sick enough to die. She is in limbo, and that makes me sad. I wish I could fix this for her, but I can't. May she go in peace and join the love of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment