Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame


Last week my dad and I went to the season opener for Trenton Thunder. As the stadium is halfway between our homes we each drove to Waterfront Park. Trenton Thunder is now in it's 18th season. Over the years I have become friendly with the staff and some season ticket holders. As I passed familiar ticket takers and fans, people asked me if my family (meaning Don and Ashley) were joining me that night. I said no, but my dad is. The universal response was how nice it was I was spending time with my dad and that I should treasure the time I have with my parents.

As the oldest of three daughters, I really treasure the times I spend alone with my parents. My memories do not go back to the three years when I was an only child, though the photo album goes back that far and it looks like we had a lot of fun together. It is great the Koetting side lives close enough that my sisters and their husbands and their kids and our aunts and uncles and cousins can all gather together several times a year. It is also a treasure when the visits are smaller and more intimate. When we can just sit back and talk, and perhaps also watch a baseball game.

Now that dad is retired, hopefully we can have more father / daughter outings at Waterfront Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment