Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Tired-Wired or is it Wired-Tired?

11 pm on a Saturday night and I'm feeling the most awake I have felt lately.

Let's see if I can channel some of that energy into writing blog posts.


I last wrote a month ago after seeing Billy Joel in concert. A week later we bid arrividerci to Ashley as she caught her study abroad flight to Italy. 

Don and I kept ourselves entertained by seeing "The Butler Did It" at Somerset Valley Players. As it was opening night, we stayed out later hanging out at the post-show party. The next day I went to an archeology talk at Monmouth University and manned the reunion at work. Then we hopped in the car for a quick trip to Canada -- why should Ashley be the only one to be allowed to leave the country?

Ashley is living her best life. After landing in Rome, the school arranged for a few days of sightseeing before heading to Florence. She is living in an 8-person apartment, including two others from her school and five from Miami University (Ohio). Her 13-minute walk to campus passes a grocery store (or two), the LEGO store, record stores, and antique shops. We can't wait to go!

Her weekends have been spent traveling and sightseeing. After a three-week intensive Italian class, she is traveling to Amsterdam and Brussels with friends, then visiting Yoran's family before returning to Milan. Yes, I have the world traveler I always wanted. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment