Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

Brain Dump

This is the place where I will share the less than socially acceptable thoughts I really want to share, but know enough not to.

1) I am tired of my husband being home 24/7. Really tired. As in how can I find downtime when I feel as if my being is to lift him up when he is frustrated with work and life, even though he is not there to life me up when I am frustrated with work and life.

2) I want deeper friendships. I am tired of having friends who do not reply to texts. Are they really friends or am I just an acquaintance in their mind? Are they going through something emotionally draining and need me to step up and show my support or am I being a pest, like the gnat that insists on being in my face when I'm trying to enjoy a walk in the woods? 

3) I respect Simone Biles for saying NO when she felt she was not in a good headspace to compete, but I so hope for her future mental health she can pull it together to try again.

4) It still hurts the class of 2021 got all the special events the class of 2020 did not. I get that they lost the first 3/4 of their senior year to masks and zoom, but would it have hurt Notre Dame to find a way to celebrate Ashley's class with a special one-year reunion? I still want a chance to have closure on high school.

5) How hard is it to make eye contact? No matter who I talk to, their eyes are all over the place but on me. Do I do the same? Am I that awful to look at?

I'll add to the list as I think of more.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment