Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Let's Start from the Very Beginning (of my Israeli Adventures)

...a very good place to start.

Many reading this know I spent the first half of summer in Israel, mostly on a dig. Before I left I did some hunting and gathering in the form of asking people for suggestions of places to go and things to do. As I am reflecting on those note back home again I am happy to say I did follow most of the suggestions. 

Though a month feels like an eternity, it is not enough to cover a country as rich as Israel, especially when 20 of those days were spent on an archaeological dig, and weekend travel was hampered by Shabbat travel restrictions.

A few places I did not visit:
Sea of Galilee
Capernaum
Negev
Rosh Haikra

Places I did visit:
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Bethlehem
Dead Sea
Masada
Ein Gedi
Akko
Ghetto Fighters' Museum (on the Kibbutz Lohamei HaGeta'Ot)
Nahariya
Nazareth
Safed/Tzvat
Haifa
Megiddo (Armageddon)

I can't complain.

Be patient with me as I catch up on writing blog posts, editing the posts, and adding pictures to help them come to life.

Biggest surprise find was a Pillsbury Doughboy bakery bag. A google search shows that Pillsbury cornered the market on prepared baked goods to help women prepare for Shabbat. 

Initial observations from Jerusalem ... many pregnant women (no great surprise), and many men pushing baby strollers (a greater surprise to me). 

1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect guide for tour of Tel Aviv. Here I found best Tel Aviv hotel beach to stay in Tel Aviv. Thanks

    ReplyDelete