Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Art All Night 2017

I want to say Art All Night began in Trenton in 2007, but I am still searching for proof of that assertion. I can you tell you, we have participated in it seven times now: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, and 2017. This is the first year none of us sold any artwork. This is also the first year we added a piece by Don's mom, Honey Bunny. We have access to her artwork because she moved into an assisted living facility leaving us to clean out her house. We did ask permission first, though, to be polite.

We displayed the following pieces:



Ashley's piece, a copy of a sketch of Lin-Manuel Miranda that he signed, was featured on the Instagram account of a Broadway actress (no idea who). That was pretty cool.

Don's mom's piece caught the idea of a local woman who thinks we should have a display of her artwork at Artworks. I still need to look into that. Not sure she will agree to that, so I want to have more pieces in line before I ask.

Our photographs generated zero interest. I think everyone was too busy looking at the playground above us. It became the first year we did not meet our donor, or attend the donor's reception. Kind of sad. I did, though see the person who bought my picture last year. She was still raving about the picture of Havana.

I also bumped into Sylvia, someone I used to work with at ISS and have not seen in years. 

Some notes:
Drop off was much easier this year -- only took about 10 minutes instead of the hour plus it took the year before.

Odd doing pick up.

Overall felt less crowded. Still looking for stats on that, maybe we timed it better so we went when it was less crowded.

Here are some of the pieces that caught my eye:

Politics was a big theme











A few overall pictures to round out the post:









Someone admiring Honey Bunny's artwork


No comments:

Post a Comment