Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Running

I took on a new challenge this year when I started training for a 5K run (3.1 miles). For 9 weeks I followed the Couch to 5K program. On Mothers’ Day I was able to run my first 5K at the Lawrenceville School with Jean Kutcher. We finished with an admirable 47:07 time, enough for Jean to place in her age group. Over the summer I lost momentum, and the desire to put in the miles. Once school started, I returned to training for another 5K, this time using a podcast of Christian music as a guide. Having music timed to the program made all the difference to me. On Halloween I ran my second 5K, this time finishing with a time of 37:55. Two weeks later I took 85 seconds off that time at the TACM run. I started training for a 10K (6.2 miles), with the ultimate goal of running the Disneyland Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) Labor Day weekend with Joanie Smith Morris. We are training at the same pace, but on opposite coasts.         Jacquie

No comments:

Post a Comment