Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Honoring Dolly Parton

I recently saw a meme that said: In a world of Donalds, be a Dolly.

It seems the world has lit up in pink and purple in honor of Dolly Parton. First it was the Empire State Building, then I noticed more places.

I had heard the Delaware River bridges were going to light up on Friday and Saturday night in honor of Dolly. As I was driving home from the Thunder game on Friday night, I could see the lights on the Trenton Makes bridge. It was stunning. I could not figure out where to stand to get the shot. I wasn't about to park on the Route 1 Bridge, which does have a fabulous vantage. 

After driving around for about a half an hour I gave up and went home. My consolation prize was seeing town hall decked out in pink.


The next night I had the chance to try again. Don suggested photographing it from the Pennsylvania side, so I drove across the bridge.



Not quite the image I was looking for, bet better than nothing.

When I woke up I saw a professional photographer posted his picture. 


I'm challenging myself to figure out where he took that picture so the next time it is lit up I can take my own. Thanks for sharing Josh Friedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment