Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Disneyland Paris - Semi Marathon 2017

Running the Disneyland Paris Semi Marathon again this year makes me legacy. A goal I don't plan to maintain, even though it was a lot of fun.

This year's race felt very different from the one I ran last year. The course was modified to include more running on Disney property, and less running in the streets of Marne la Vallee, Chessy, and surrounding towns. A move that must have pleased the locals.



Last year's map is on last year's post.

Last year seemed to have a lot more community groups participating. While we still had the cheerleaders, but they were chanting a different cheer that was not as catchy as "Allez, Allez, Go, Go, Go."



There also seemed to be a lot less character stops, perhaps because they added the 10k and characters need their sleep, too.

The biggest change was that Don actually ran the race with me. I asked him to do the first 8k (5 miles, but this race was marked in kilometers) with me through the parks, but he decided to stick with me the whole time, as long as I didn't slow down too much. We stopped for lots of photos, and finished strong.




Do these look like Year of a Million Dreams costumes to anyone else?







Thoughts to ponder along the route:
Which was my favorite land?


Is this a Mercer from Hamilton, NJ?


Half-way done!


Not long after this we saw the dreaded Balloon Ladies! They were a good two miles behind us, but just seeing them lit a little fire under my feet. That and hearing tales of them running out of 5k and 10k medals. I wanted to wear my bling for my victory lap through the Parks!


The hardest point was around the 17k mark when we ran past our hotel room!




As is typical for Disney races, the medals are lovely. I really like the Bippity-Boppity-Boo medal -- it flips. After doing the half we decided if bibs were still available for the Wine and Dine at Walt Disney World in November we would give it a try. Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment